Tuesday 4 June 2013

A broken momento.

A broken memento.

A fake smile,
your powdered nose,
your new found glamor,
is enchanting of course.

Now you are my mistress,
and i am your Butler.
You have grown into a princess,
but not like we once dreamed with laughter.

You sneak away with me,
to be yourself once more.
But is this the way to live,
in this charade of yours.

Run away with me,
from this world of yours.
Lets escape to reality,
and live once more.

I know it's romantic,
but it's a lot more than that.
We will be free to be authentic,
and have our old days back.

Your voice has vanished,
have you turned on me?
I seem to be banished,
after all a slave i see.

Was it love that you wanted,
or the idea of entirety.
My every movement seems haunted,
with your mendacity.

Now i sing of your return,
like a broken toy.
In your darkroom glitters,
an hopeless joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment